Friday 16 November 2012

NEWS: SEAN PAUL SAYS "I AM DONE WITH DANCEHALL" ARTISTE MOVING TOWARDS POP MUSIC - NOV. 2012


With over10 million album sales and a Grammy under his belt, Sean Paul is is easily one of the most successful dancehall stars of all time, But now that Sean Paul has made his name and left his imprint on mainstream dancehall, he is looking to expand his artistry to another  genre of music.

In a recent interview the "Get Busy'' singer  had this to say;


“I have reached a point where I don’t have to prove myself to anybody in dancehall or reggae music,” Sean Paul said. “I’m up there with the best of them, so right now I’m just expanding. I’m trying to bridge the gap, broaden my artistry.”
“I noticed that of late a lot of pop music has had dancehall influences, so I asked some big name producers like Stargate, Rico Love, DJ Ammo and Benny Blanco to make their interpretation of a dancehall beat.”
Sean Paul has done collbs with some of the biggest name is the music industry today, names such as;
Beyonce, Rihanna, Keyshia Cole, Blu Cantrell, and Alexis Jordan among others. He further went on to say;

“I’ve always said two is better than one. Collaborating helps creative exchanges happen and helps take the tempo to a different level altogether,” Sean Paul said.
“I have however noticed that most of my biggest hits are with women artists – Blu Cantrell, BeyoncĂ©, Keyshia Cole, Alexis Jordan. So, it’s all about the chemistry and I am a lucky man. Collaboration is the best way to expand,” he added.
The Jamaican badboy  is  currently touring India and promoting his latest album 'Tomahawk Technique.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
______________________________________

Subscribe For Email Feed

Email_SubscriptionsSign up to receive breaking news